Monday, December 18, 2017









Cassy and I are embroiled in grading 100s of Grade 8 final essays on Fahrenheit 451, so apart from the loads of fun involved (!), it's very time consuming as well. Therefore, this blog will tell a thousand words through pictures!

We went out and about in commercial heaven at the huge SOGO department store after having our favourite meal of Din Tai Feng. Christmas gives everyone a great excuse to decorate excessively and advertise in hyperbole and this edifice is no exception. Cass basked under the glow of a thousand fairy lights and posed next to strangely eye-browed creatures!

My kids in homeroom suggested and organised a "Secret Santa" present exchange and I managed to capture some of their reactions. I made up my classroom for yet another configuration, this time, exams. Cassy has swathed the girls in quilts and bewitched them with boxes in preparation for the winter chills. Our local French cafe is always a good source for weekend lunches and the last shot is one which will rankle with most of my Australian readers. Not only are we offered red-hot internet speeds, but they are cheap and without limits. Oh, and I forgot, you get a free HD monitor as well!

We're off to The Netherlands and Belgium next Thursday, so no blog for a couple of weeks. We've got accommodation booked and the first train only......we're winging it!