Sunday, December 19, 2010


This is going to be really quick as I'm just procratinating about starting my packing and I'm getting picked up in 2 and a half hours! I've been bumming around here since Friday night by myself as Cass left then to meet her mum in Hong Kong and then they both flew on to Paris. I've supplied Cass with my iPod to do some email and (most importantly) check the cricket scores! She has made use of the Wi-fi in all the airports and also from their second destination, Nantes. She reports that it is cold but beautiful, snow falling on the Parisian suburbs as their train zipped through to Nantes. They're tired, but all buzzed up and Cass also says that her, "French still works"!

The pictures above are worthy of comment. I was out taking the garbage on Thursday night and Cassy decided to try to get down a case on top of the wardrobe. Cut a long story short, she overbalanced and fell straight through one of our huge glass doors out the back! She has a shocking bruise on her shoulder, but apart from that she escaped unscathed....it's almost miraculous when you see the window. The repair man came and went and I snapped a shot of him taking the door frame away for repair: one hand, no feet on the scooter....AND, he brought the fixed door back the same way!! You just have to love Taiwan.

I'm off to Delhi in a few hours. I arrive at 1.30 in the morning, so my first day will no doubt be a bit foggy. I'm off to Agra and the Taj Mahal on Wednesday, but apart from that will be setting my own agenda. I've been to the chemist here and got myself some drugs in case of the dreaded "Delhi Belly", which is the thing I'm most trepidatious about. Another Taiwan classic: I just told the chemist what I wanted and walked out with a strong broad spectrum antibiotic and other stuff...self medicating!

Happy Christmas everyone...