Monday, June 05, 2006



Well, I am delighted to report that I'm an uncle one more time! Mum gave us a ring last night and even though it was only 10.30, I'd been asleep for about an hour after quite a big weekend and having to get up at 6. I groggily heard the news that Duncan Oliver Brown was born with a minimum of fuss and bother yesterday evening to my sister Sue and her partner Neil Brown. I'm informed that mother and baby are both doing very well. Perhaps Sue might take exception to my "minimum of fuss..." claim (for example, I'm told that childbirth might sting a little!!), but considering the fact that bubba was late and that Sue is no spring chicken (now I'm really going to cop it!), young Duncan announced his intentions and got himself out here in just a few short hours. Well done Sue!

School's just about over for another academic year and all that fiddly stuff is going on. We're arranging this and that for cats, travel, stuff at work while we're away, stuff at home here while we're in Australia...it's a bit of a nightmare.

Ross' big farewell was on Saturday. You absolutely must hit this hyperlink to check it out. We had a ball and it was a great day, night and morning (yes, it did go on that long!)

See you soon! Photo just taken today of one of the classes I work with posing at part of our "outdoor education centre" (i.e. playground). The other teacher is Gerri, who is Cathy's mother (of 'Chad and Cathy' fame)