Monday, April 25, 2005


Taiwanese cemetery Posted by Hello

This will be rather shorter than my more verbose blogs of late. We have been working at a frenetic pace this week, Cassy with a sub working for three days as her partner was away and I had a slew of meetings and testing. The LCC steers the school into the next 3 years of strategic planning and action and I had the dubious honour of being amongst this group from 7 till 8 one day and 7 till 7.30 the next day. I was still exhausted 2 days later!

Ross and I had an interesting journey to the east coast and found a new and promising surfing spot, riding beautifully peeling waves out from an artificial wall, the monolithic cement “:tetrapots” looming large in our vision before making an acutely timed flick off. We saw some interesting sights on the way, perhaps more on this another time. Two photos I’ve included, one showing the extravagant style of Taiwanese graves and the other the hinterland of the quite pretty Honeymoon Bay at Dashi.

We bit the bullet and bought a wide screen LCD TV this weekend, which now perches proudly in our lounge room. The vivid colours and crisper than crisp picture didn’t allow me to move from the lounge for about 7 hours on Sunday! Let’s hope the novelty wears off before I mould my body shape into the cushions. It includes all the top of the line specs and is quite the technological marvel. 81cm, pixels coming out its ears and so many outlets in the back, I think I could probably even plug the toaster and the coffee pot in there.

Cass got her diamond set in a new ring, so now she sports a “double” engagement ring, which I’ve likened to a car’s headlights coming at you in the dark! No photo, she ‘ll show you when she sees you.
Just home from another “meeting-a-thon” day, I’m ready to put the feet up for a few hours, dazzle myself with the new telly, then collapse into bed ready to do it all again tomorrow. Doesn’t sound like heaps of fun at the moment and it’s not: but at least we feel alive and valued and these next 7 weeks should slide away before we know it.